The fifteen stations of the Subway are distributed over a 10 km circuit of the West End and City Centre of Glasgow, with eight stations to the North of the River Clyde and seven to the South. There are two lines: an outer circle running clockwise and an inner circle running anticlockwise.
Stations (in alphabetical order)
Address:67 Eglinton Street, Glasgow, G5 9NR
Nearby:Citizen’s Theatre, 02 Academy, Bike Hire.
Address:174 Buchanan Street, Glasgow, G1 2JZ
Nearby:Queens Street Station, Buchanan Bus Station, Buchanan Galleries, Bike Hire.
Address:1 Cessnock Street, Glasgow, G51 1AS
Nearby:Glasgow Science Centre, IMAX, SEC.
Address:11 Dundasvale Court, Unit 1, Glasgow, G4 0SN
Nearby:Glasgow School of Art, GFT, Tenement House.
Address:737 Govan Road, Glasgow, G51 2YJ.
Nearby:Govan Bus Station, Queen Elizabeth University Hospitals, Govan Old Parish Church.
Address:248 Byres Road, Glasgow, G12 8SH
Nearby:Byres Road, Ashton Lane, Botanic Gardens, University of Glasgow, Hunterian Museum, Bike Hire.
Address:124 Copland Road, Glasgow, G51 2UB
Nearby:Ibrox Stadium, Glasgow Climbing Centre, Bellahouston Park.
Address:99 South Woodside Road, Glasgow, G4 9HG
Nearby:Kelvingrove Park, The Stand Comedy Club, Bike Hire.
Address:7 Dalcross Path, Glasgow, G11 5RA
Nearby:Kelvin Hall International Sports Arena, Kelvingrove Museum.
Address:30 Cornwall Street, Glasgow, G41 1AH
Nearby:Grand Ole Opry.
Address:15 Merkland Street, Glasgow, G11 6DB
Nearby:Partick Rail Station, Partick Bus Station, Riverside Museum, Bike Hire.
Address:360 Scotland Street, Glasgow, G5 8QF
Nearby:Scotland Street School Museum.
Address:10 St. Enoch Square, Glasgow, G1 4DB
Nearby:Central Station, St Enoch Centre, Argyle Street
Address:51 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G4 9AH
Nearby:The Mitchell Library, Bike Hire.
Address: 281 West Street, Glasgow, G5 8NB
More Subway information
The Subway is open 06:30 to 23:40 Monday to Saturday and 10:00 to 18:12 on Sundays.
- Wheelchairs are permitted in the Subway if folded. This is due to the small size of our trains.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Ticket offices have induction loops to assist customers with hearing difficulties.
- All Subway stations have tactile paving on platforms and tactile maps at key stations to assist those with visual impairment.
- All station stairways have 30-point colour contrast stair nosings to assist passengers with visual impairment, additionally there are corduroy tactile strips at top and bottom of each staircase to assist visually impaired passengers locate stairs.
- Double height handrails are also in place which are non-reflective and not “cold to touch” to assist passengers with mobility impairment and also for children.
- Pushchairs must be folded in the Subway. Unfortunately, because of space restrictions, it is not possible to accommodate large prams and pushchairs.
- In the event of an evacuation alarms are both audible and visual which will assist passengers who are visually impaired or have hearing difficulties.
- People with mobility issues can read information about the number of stairs and escalators at each station.
- Way finding information for people who are blind or partially sighted is available at www.describe-online.com.
- If you need any assistance the Thistle Assistance Card is available to help make using public transport easier for older people and those with disabilities or illness.
Fill out our online contact form.
Phone 0141 333 3653 (08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday)
All items lost/found (with the exclusion of perishable items) are sent to the Custodiers Department (Police Scotland):
- Address: Jocelyn Square, Glasgow, G1 5JU (Off the Saltmarket)
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 532 2667 0141 532 2468 0141 532 2609
- Opening Hours: 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday (closed on Public Holidays).