SPT nominated for six Scottish Transport Awards
Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) has been nominated for six awards at this year’s Scottish Transport Awards (STAs) designed to recognise and celebrate industry achievements across Scotland.
The awards SPT has been nominated for include:
- Best Bus Service - COP26 Delegate Shuttle Service
- Best Practice in Travel to School and Work Schemes - Axiom Schools Capacity Management Improvements
- Excellence in Technology and Innovation – Buchanan Bus Station Customer Information Enhancements
- Excellence in Travel Information and Marketing – ‘Born Innovative’ – Celebrating 125 years of Subway
- Public Transport Operator of the Year – SPT Glasgow Subway
- Transport Team / Partnership of the Year – SPT – Supporting the COVID-19 Recovery.
SPT Chief Executive Valerie Davidson said:
“I am delighted that SPT has been recognised with nominations in so many categories for the Scottish Transport Awards. These awards are highly regarded within transport and a real opportunity for all of us involved in the industry to recognise best practice and congratulate each other on our achievements.
“It has been a particularly challenging couple of years for all of us involved in transport. As we begin slowly to recover from the impact of the pandemic, it is even more important we work together to learn from each other, appreciate best practice and celebrate when we get things right. That way we can make real progress to improve transport options for the travelling public.”
Chair of the Scottish Transport Awards Judging Panel Roy Brannen, who is also Interim Director General for Net-Zero at Scottish Government, said:
"These Awards are a great opportunity to recognise the contribution by our professionals in improving and enhancing Scotland's transport networks.
“Everyday Transport Scotland sees the effort, collaboration and results from everyone involved in providing a successful journey for Scotland's travelling public, and I am delighted to be asked to take on the task of helping to judge and identify these nominated schemes that showcase the best approach."
The Scottish Transport Awards winners will be announced on 29 September 2022 at a reception at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Glasgow.