SPT – a Disability Confident employer
SPT has renewed its Disability Confident certification for another three years.
As a Disability Confident organisation, this means we play a leading role in changing attitudes towards disabilities for the better, changing behaviours and cultures, developing networks and communities, and reaping the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.
The scheme is designed to help employers recruit and retain great people. It will enable SPT to draw from the widest possible pool of talent; secure high-quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard-working; and improve employee morale and commitment by demonstrating we treat all our employees fairly and demonstrates that we are committed to equality in the workplace.
SPT Chief Executive Valerie Davidson said:
“SPT must reflect the society and people that it serves so I am very keen that we work to encourage more applications from lots of diversities. It is very important that we employ the best people with a range of skills, backgrounds, knowledge and cultures, this will only help us and improve us as an organisation.”
As a Disability Committed Employer, this means SPT has committed to:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicating and promoting vacancies
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
You can find out more about Disability Confident at: www.gov.uk/disability-confident