Get Smart, Get Cycling at Kelvinbridge
The city is buzzing as Glasgow welcomes the UCI Cycling Championships this August and to show SPT's support we're inviting you to our FREE event.
On Sunday 13th August 12-3pm we're hosting a non-ticketed event within Kelvinbridge Subway Station car park where a number of local charities are eager to meet with you!
Bike for Good is a charity and social enterprise providing access to low cost but good quality bikes whilst diverting tonnes of waste from landfill.
They will be providing the following services focusing around active travel, skills and development, and health and wellbeing:
- Dr Bike
- Bike maintenance service free to the user.
- First come first served.
- 3-hour service – 18 bikes.
- Promotion of their new “SwitchUp” affordable bike subscription service
- They are bringing along examples of the different bikes available, with information and advice on the service.
- Promoting an affordable and different way of accessing bikes.
Play Together on Pedals works with families in Scotland to help them start pedalling together. On the day they will deliver FREE learn to ride and skills development sessions for pre-school and school age children. instructors will be there teaching children on using both balance bikes and pedal bikes (they also supply helmets). No booking is required, and the instructors will cater the activity and equipment used to the age and skills of your child.
Own Yer Bike teach children how to repair their bikes, but they also teach those with a passion how to build bikes from scratch, diverting otherwise unmaintained bikes from landfill.
Own Yer Bike will be:
- Using the trishaw, allowing you to try it out, whilst raising awareness of accessible cycling.
- Providing bike maintenance advice, and raising awareness of the services they provide.
- Promotion of their refurbished and affordable bike sale service.
Please come along to our FREE event, no booking required, and join in the fun!