Subway: Maps & Stations
The fifteen stations of the Subway are distributed over a 10 km circuit of the West End and City Centre of Glasgow, with eight stations to the North of the River Clyde and seven to the South. There are two lines: an outer circle running clockwise and an inner circle running anticlockwise.
Long description of Glasgow Subway Map
Glasgow Subway Map consists of 15 stations in a circle – Buchanan Street, St. Enoch, Bridge Street, West Street, Shields Road, Kinning Park, Cessnock, Ibrox, Govan, Partick, Kelvinhall, Hillhead, Kelvinbridge, St. George’s Cross, and Cowcaddens.
Click on map for larger version or read a description of all Glasgow Subway stations.
The Subway is open 06:30 to 23:40 Monday to Saturday and 10:00 to 18:12 on Sundays. View timetable for more information.
- Wheelchairs are permitted in the Subway if folded. This is due to the small size of our trains.
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Ticket offices have induction loops to assist customers with hearing difficulties.
- All Subway stations have tactile paving on platforms and tactile maps at key stations to assist those with visual impairment.
- All station stairways have 30-point colour contrast stair nosings to assist passengers with visual impairment, additionally there are corduroy tactile strips at top and bottom of each staircase to assist visually impaired passengers locate stairs.
- Double height handrails are also in place which are non-reflective and not “cold to touch” to assist passengers with mobility impairment and also for children.
- Pushchairs must be folded in the Subway. Unfortunately, because of space restrictions, it is not possible to accommodate large prams and pushchairs.
- In the event of an evacuation alarms are both audible and visual which will assist passengers who are visually impaired or have hearing difficulties.
- People with mobility issues can read information about the number of stairs and escalators at each station.
If you have lost something on the Subway, please get in touch or phone 0141 333 3653 (08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday). All items lost/found (with the exclusion of perishable items) are sent to the Custodiers Department (Police Scotland):
Address: Jocelyn Square, Glasgow, G1 5JU (Off the Saltmarket)
Telephone: 0141 532 2667 / 0141 532 2468 / 0141 532 2609
Opening Hours: 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday (Closed on Public Holidays).