- Killermont Street, Glasgow, G2 3NW
- Buchanan Bus Station in Google maps
- The station is open 24 hours. The concourse is open between 06:00 to 23:00.
- Telephone: 0141 333 3708.
- Smoking is only permitted outside the bus station. SPT has banned all smoking (including e-cigarettes) from its buildings and premises. Please dispose of butts appropriately and avoid smoking at exits.
- For your safety and security CCTV monitoring and recording is in operation.
- The Travel Centre is open 06:30 to 22:30 Monday to Saturday and 07:00 to 22:30 on Sunday. Ticket sales finish at 21:30.
Bus services and stances
Stance information is shown for guidance only. Customers should refer to departure screens on arrival.
|263||First||Hamilton Bus Station||19|
|539||National Express||Bournemouth / Edinburgh||54|
|588||National Express||Inverness Bus Station||51|
|588||National Express||London Victoria||56|
|590||National Express||London Victoria||54|
|592||National Express||London Victoria||54|
|900||Citylink||Edinburgh (Daytime Service Stance 49. Service after 23:00 from Stance 56)||49/56|
|M9||City/Megabus/Parks||Aberdeen / Dundee||52|
|X8||First||Silverburn / Crookston Castle||13|
|X76||Stagecoach||Irvine (night service)||5|
|X86||First||Falkirk Bus Station||38|
The Travel Centre is open 06:30 to 22:30 Monday to Saturday and 07:00 to 22:30 on Sunday. Ticket sales finish at 21:30. It is wheelchair accessible, has dropped counters and induction loops for disabled travellers.
Buchanan Bus Station has a passenger tour lounge. The lounge is open on the days we have scheduled tour departures. Contained in the lounge is toilets (male and female). There is a disabled toilet adjacent to the tour lounge. Access to the disabled toilet is controlled via a RADAR key.
The tour lounge also has hot beverage and confectionary vending machines and a large screen TV.
The male and female toilets are located on the main concourse and are open daily between 06:00 and 23:00 with baby change facilities in both toilets. A charge of 30p applies to toilets and a change machine is located at the entrance to the toilets.
There is a disabled toilet, with baby change facilities located in the same area. Access to the disabled toilet is controlled via a RADAR key, which can be obtained from the security guards.
All luggage deposited in this facility is subjected to a search prior to being accepted. Maximum use is 24 hours only.
- Small (hand baggage): £5.00
- Medium (backpacks): £6.00
- Large (large suitcases) £7.00
If you have lost something in the bus station, please phone 0141 333 3708 (09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Saturday). For property lost on a bus or coach, please contact the relevant operator. All items lost/found (with the exclusion of perishable items) are sent to the Custodiers Department (Police Scotland).
Address: Jocelyn Square, Glasgow, G1 5JU (Off the Saltmarket)
Telephone: 0141 532 2667 / 0141 532 2468 / 0141 532 2609
Opening Hours: 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday (Closed on Public Holidays).
- Public access defibrillator available 24/7 located adjacent to the stairs next to Cowcaddens Road;
- Two no charge box outlets to recharge mobile phone/electronic handheld devices;
- Two photo-me booths;
- Public phones;
- Post box;
- Four retail units and a café;
- Two cash machines close to the Killermont Street exit.
Bike racks are available at Stance 33 and next to the drop-off point/taxi rank on a first-come first-served basis. SPT does not assume responsibility for stolen or damaged bikes.
NextBike, in collaboration with Glasgow City Council, operate a bike hire scheme. There are racks on Killermont Street and Cowcaddens Road adjacent to the bus station.
There is a drop-off area off Cowcaddens Road. Concert Square car park adjacent to the station. There is also a multistorey car park located at Buchanan Galleries, off Killermont Street.
There is a 24 hour taxi (Glasgow Taxis) rank located off Cowcaddens Road.
Glasgow Taxis phone number is 0141 429 7070.
All areas of the bus station, Travel Centre and Travel Card Unit are accessible by wheelchair.
The bus station has a REACT audio wayfinding system to give an alert directing the traveller to key locations within the bus station.
Within the Travel Centre there is an induction loop sound system which produces a signal for partially deaf customers who use a hearing aid.
We also have a tactile map of the bus station and a tactile map of the surrounding areas in the main concourse for blind and partially sighted travellers.
All information and instructions are displayed in large print on screen and in an audio format.
To discuss accessibility needs phone 0141 333 3762.