Find out more about our Roundabout tickets for one-day unlimited rail and Subway travel in the Greater Glasgow area.
• Daytripper was a multi-operator, multi-modal public transport ticket.
• Daytripper was a voluntary ticketing arrangement, administered on behalf of the participating operators by SPT.
• The final day of the Daytripper Ticketing Arrangement will be Friday 31 December 2021;
• The final day customers will be able to use a Daytripper ticket for travel will be Friday 31 December 2021;
• The final day customers will be able to buy a Daytripper ticket will be Friday 29 October 2021. Some locations may stop selling Daytripper tickets earlier than that date.
• Demand for the Daytripper ticket has been in decline for a long time;
• Daytripper ticket revenue reduced by half in the five years to 2019/20. Please note this was before the impact of the Covid-19 lockdown in 2020;
• From January 2022, everyone under the age of 22 will benefit from free bus travel across Scotland – see https://www.transport.gov.scot/concessionary-travel/young-persons-free-bus-travel-scheme/ . This will further reduce demand for the Daytripper ticket (which is specifically aimed at groups comprising both adults and children);
• The format of the Daytripper ticket (paper ticket with scratchcard panels) is outdated and does not work on rail ticket gates, Subway ticket gates, or bus ticket machines;
• As a result of the above, the majority of participating operators and SPT have concluded that Daytripper is no longer viable, and that there are good alternative options available for customers.
• If you have an unused Daytripper ticket (dated for 2019-2021), you can still use it up until Friday 31 December 2021;
• If you are unable to use your Daytripper ticket, you can apply for a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject “Daytripper refund” and providing the following information:
o Your name;
o Where and when you bought your Daytripper ticket;
o A photo of your unused ticket;
o A second photo of the ticket showing it cut into pieces. This is required so that we know the ticket will definitely not be used for travel.
• Any refund will be for the purchase price of the ticket.
• All refund requests should be submitted by 14 January 2022, and SPT will aim to process all refunds within 28 days.
• This will depend on your specific requirements. Please email email@example.com and our team will be pleased to help.