Careers at SPT
If you think you could contribute to the ever-changing agenda of public transport, then SPT would like to hear from you. We welcome applicants from all sections of society regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, disability, marital status, age and religion, perceived community background or political beliefs.
Here are some of the benefits you could enjoy at SPT:
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly policy
- Average salary pension scheme
- Group life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Long service awards
- Access to Transport Credit Union
- Free Subway travel, plus rail and bus concessions
Your application form is the first impression an interviewer will have of you so it is important that it is informative and professional. Make sure you follow the points below:
- Carefully read the job advert, job description and personal specification before completing.
- List your job history and check employment dates.
- Offer references for contacting, ideally from your current or previous employer.
- Detail all your relevant skills/experience and any additional information that will support your application.
- Provide education details, qualifications, professional memberships, etc.
- Check your application again after completing including your grammar and spelling.
- Explain why you are the best person for the job.
If you have any special requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: HR Department, SPT, 131 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5JF.
Your application will be shortlisted with all other application forms received against the criteria set for the particular vacancy. SPT has an Equality Policy to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment than any other on any grounds including race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability.
If you are selected for interview, you may be required to take a test or assessment or give a presentation. A letter will be forwarded to you which will supply all the necessary information required for your interview.
If you have not been selected for interview we will contact you to inform you of this decision. Subsequently if you have attended for interview and have not been successful in obtaining a position within SPT we will contact you to advise you also.
If you are successful in obtaining a position within SPT we will contact you by telephone to confirm this decision and follow this up with an appointment letter and any relevant documentation that needs to be completed.
Eligibility to work in the UK
There is a legal requirement on SPT to ensure that all prospective employees are legally eligible to work in the UK. If you are selected for interview, you should bring with you to interview the appropriate documentation as detailed in the Guidance notes below. No offer of appointment will be made until SPT is satisfied that your documentation meets the requirement of current legislation. This applies equally to both internal and external candidates. Guidance notes for eligibility to work in the UK.
See also the Home Office guide to Working in the UK.
Email us at email@example.com.