Welcome to SPT’s West of Scotland Community Transport Network site
About the Network
The West of Scotland Community Transport Network is a partnership between SPT and Community Transport Operators (CTOs) throughout the west of Scotland.
The Network has won the support of the Traffic Commissioner for Scotland , who said;
“The creation of this network is one of the most significant events in the history of community transport in Scotland.” Read the full story.
The purpose of the Network is to provide a membership organisation for CTO’s and to assist in bringing co-ordination, enhanced quality and better use of resources within the sector.
In order to become accredited members of the Network CTO’s must complete a rigorous assessment process, overseen by SPT, which ensures that they are both legally compliant and operated to a high standard.
In addition to their normal activities, accredited members of the network are able to apply for SPT funding and to tender for some SPT bus contracts.
The aims of the network are to:
- Work in partnership with community transport providers at a local and regional level.
- Build the capacity of community transport in the SPT area.
- Provide training and information to CTOs.
- Develop and implement best practice and quality standards in community transport.
- Support network members by providing links to other members for the purpose of sharing resources and information.