Subway has teamed up with Radio Clyde to invite first year pupils from across the West of Scotland to take part in a design competition.
The new Smartcards are:
- Flexible – customers can store pay as you go credit to use when they need it.
- Reusable – the card can be topped up at stations, and later this year you will be able to top it up online too!
- Cheaper and more convenient – Smartcard customers will benefit from the best Subway travel prices available and they can load up season tickets so all they need to do is tap and go.
- Quicker – with less queuing, customers will be able to zip around the Subway faster than ever.
- Safer – if lost, registered cards can be cancelled and any remaining value can be transferred to a new card.
That’s lots of great stuff for the secondary students to work with so we can’t wait to see their designs.
The selected drawing will appear on ticket wallets and will be displayed as a 5ft poster within the Subway for all our passengers to see.
In addition the having their design appearing across the Subway, we’ve also teamed up with Radio Clyde to offer the lucky winner a fantastic prize of a year’s free Subway travel, a Radio Clyde station tour and an iPad.
If you are a first year pupil in the any of the 12 local authorities in Strathclyde, and you fancy taking part, you can print off our wallet template, incorporate your design in space shown and then send back to us.
All entries should be sent to: Communications department, SPT, Consort House, 12 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1HN.
Deadline for entries is Monday 7th April and the winner will be notified by Friday 9th May.
For more information, go to spt.co.uk/smartKIDS.
Good luck everyone!