Almost 100 people entered SPT’s Christmas quiz and 17 of you showed off your superior SPT and seasonal knowledge by getting a whopping full marks on our quiz.
We’ve selected winners at random and they are:
First prize – Andy Bent from Hamilton is our lucky winner of an Alasdair Gray Hillhead mural commemorative tile.
Second prize – Kelly McCracken from Hillington scooped second prize winning one month’s free Subway travel.
Third prize – Ronnie Henderson also from Hamilton came third winning a bag of SPT goodies.
If you want to find out where you need to scrub up on your knowledge, please find the questions and answers from our festive quiz below.
- The Subway opened and Scotland recorded its warmest temperature on Christmas day – what is the year? – 1896
- What is the chemical formula of snow? – H2O
- How many trips on the Outer Circle would Santa need to take to match the number of miles he covers on his Christmas Eve deliveries? – 27 million times
- Pine needles are said to be a good source of which vitamin? – Vitamin C
- What do Hillhead Subway and the First Minister’s 2011 Christmas card have in common? – They both feature Alasdair Gray artworks
- What Christmas-time song did James Pierpont compose in 1857? – Jingle Bells
- The average number of Christmas cards sent from each household is the same as the number of new bike spaces created by SPT in November. Do you know the number? – 30
- What is Santa’s favourite mode of transport? – Sleigh